segunda-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2009

May the 12th

The corridor deserted – it was not crowded, but someone-else’s presence would be an excess. All the noise came down to mere rustlings far away and noting more. The light softened as if the clouds agreed with us.
Coming off the frame, her face’s form filled me – I was blind, but by that vision*. That thing – I cannot define her as a woman (maybe that is what a woman is) – was sleeping quietly on my legs; blasphemy! But I was forgiven for this sin.
Bare from other thoughts – actually, I was bare from all that was not that for thoughts had no power to assert themselves in my mind, whatever they were. The hours slid like magic, it seemed only few minutes (a few). It could take days, weeks and it would never be enough.
She woke and I almost could not bear its sight – for me, its unique and simple presence was everything, beyond my expectancies and merit. She touched me; its fingers were the evidence of the existence and the contact with a world I had always unknown and denied: such being must be only heaven-made. Its soft touch sliding on me, on my livid, surprised and esthetized face brought me where I had never been before, where I have never returned – until today, two years later – and where I believe not being able to return one day.
It got darker; the night fell and we had to separate.

*excepted by that vision

Um comentário:

Bruno Monlevade disse...

this is a mere translation of "12 de maio", original text in written in portuguese